Threadlocker (non anaerobic) VC-3
Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate
Vibra-Tite VC-3 (formerly Vibra-Tite Formula 3) is a powerful locking and sealing coating for threaded fasteners that works on the principle of "friction through viscosity."
It utilizes a special blend of acrylic resins to prevent fasteners from loosening - even under extreme vibration.
- NOT AN ADHESIVE
- NOT AN ANAEROBIC
- Designed for use on external and internal threads of virtually any material or finish, Vibra-tite VC-3 dries to the touch within seconds of application...coated parts are ready for assembly in just a few minutes. Pre-cleaning of parts is not required except for wiping off any visible oil, grease, or dirt for optimal performance.
- From tiny eyeglass screws to huge construction bolts, Vibra-tite VC-3 is ideal for use on fasteners of any size.
- In addition to supplying bottles and cans of Vibra-tite VC-3 Original for on-the-job application, ND Industries can pre-apply Vibra-tite VC-3 Original at any of our regional service centers.
Excellent Shelf Life: Parts coated with Vibra-tite VC-3 can be stored indefinitely before use.
Versatile: Vibra-tite VC-3 adheres to both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, most platings, wood, and plastic screws.
Creates a Reliable, Powerful Lock & Seal: With exceptional reliability, Vibra-tite VC-3 holds parts in place even during extreme vibration and resists leakage by acting as a dam between mated threads.
Offers Multiple Reuses: Using steady pressure and standard hand tools, parts coated with Vibra-tite VC-3 can easily be adjusted, removed, and reused.
Minimizes Galling/Stripping: Since Vibra-tite VC-3 remains a thick, resilient, taffy-like "viscous resin," its cold flow properties actually minimize galling or stripping of soft threads during reuse.
Low Cost: Vibra-tite VC-3 is only a fraction of the cost of anaerobic adhesives.
Prevents fastener loosening from shock & vibration
- Will not harden like traditional threadlockers
- Dampens and absorbs vibration
- Works with metal, wood, plastic* and more
- Fasteners are easily adjusted, removed and reused
- Works on fasteners of any shape or size, from tiny eyeglass screws to large construction bolts
- Works with internal or external threads
This product is approved by TACOM** for use on the US Army's main battle tank!
**US Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command Part# 1166
*Recommended for Nylon, PPE & PP plastics only.
Not an Anaerobic! - Not an Adhesive!
|Container Size||1oz. (30 cc), 8 oz. (250 cc), or larger containers|
|Color||Red (custom colors can be manufactured
dependent on quantity
|Solvent||Methyl ethyl ketone|
|Cured form||Resilient plastic|
|Shelf life||Indefinite (under ideal storage conditions)|
|Chemical resistance||Offers resistance to most solvents (acts as a partial corrosion barrier)|
|Dries to touch||In seconds|
|Dries for use||In minutes|
|Drying method for bulk production||Best achieved using considerable airflow in addition to temperature not exceeding 130˚F|
|Operational temperature range||-65˚F to +165˚F (-54˚C to +74˚C) For other temperature applications, please consult factory|
|Reusability||5 or more times|
|Breakaway torque||No distinct break; slow, fluid release as material cold flows|
|Standard coating length||1 to 1 1/2 times diameter|
|Lead thread requirement||None|
|Thread fill requirement||30 – 50% of the thread root area|
|Alternate Formulations||Vibra-Tite VC-4, Vibra-Tite VC-5, Vibra-Tite VCTS-6|