Microbond® Adhesive Washers
Microbond® washers from Vibra-Tite feature dry-to-the-touch adhesives paired with a durable mesh material. Available in a range of sizes, these adhesive washers lock and seal under the head of an installed fastener and won’t scratch or damage surfaces like metal washers can.
The adhesive in Microbond® washers is safe to handle with bare hands. It is activated when crushed or sheared under the pressure of the fastener during installation. The microsphere adhesive consists of tiny spheres (or microcaps) that container either an activator or an adhesive. Although they’re mixed together across the surface of the self-adhesive washer, the shell of each individual sphere keeps the components separated. This keeps the adhesive dry and inactive until installed.
Features & Benefits of Microbond® Washers
- Dry to the touch, safe to handle
- Adhesive activates upon installation
- Superior performance in sheet metal applications
- Provide vibration dampening/prevent fastener loosening caused by vibration
- Will not scratch or damage surfaces
- Help prevent galvanic corrosion
- Ideal alternative to serrated, conical, and split-ring washers
- Reduced weight compared to metal washers
- Available in custom shapes, sizes, and colors
Self-Adhesive Washers for All Applications
Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet offers Microbond® adhesive washers in three standard sizes, as well as custom adhesive backed washers in the unique size, shape, and color you need. See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
Order the self-adhesive washers you need today, request a quote, or contact us for more information.