The first adhesive washer of its kind! Super lightweight! Dry to the touch for safe handling!
Microbond Dri-Adhesive Washers are made from a special lightweight fibrous material that is infused with powerful microsphere adhesive technology. The microsphere material is formed through a process called microencapsulation, and consists of tiny spheres, or microcaps.
These microcaps alternately contain either an adhesive or an activator. Adhesive- and activator-loaded microcaps are mixed across the surface of Microbond adhesive washers. Shells on the microspheres keep the two components separated and allow the washer material to stay dry and safe to the touch until installed. Upon installation, the engagement force of the tightening fastener breaks open the microcaps and allows the adhesive and activator to mix, epoxy style, to create a powerful bond between the washer and the surface.
Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet offers Microbond self-adhesive washers in three standard sizes. Custom adhesive washers are also available, in the size, shape, and color your application requires. Order today, request a quote, or contact us to learn more about adhesive backed washers.
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
Features & Benefits of Microbond Self-Adhesive Washers
- Dry to the touch and safe to handle
- Work great on sheet metal applications
- Provide vibration dampening
- Prevent loosening due to vibration
- Prevent galvanic corrosion
- Lightweight alternative to split-ring, serrated, and conical washers
- Adhesive activates upon installation
- Will not scratch surfaces
- Significantly reduces weight in assemblies
- Custom shapes, sizes, and colors available
Common Applications for Adhesive Washers
- Lawn and garden equipment
- Metal roofing
- Industrial construction
- Exterior body panels
- and more